Wednesday 1 February 2017

Rank Order List Submitted

Ok. It's final. My Rank Order List is now submitted and I don't intend to change it, even though the deadline is still 2 weeks away. Plenty of last-minute deliberations went into the list to the point that I'm honestly a bit surprised with some of the end result. My top 3 are the same top 3 I've had for a long time, but they're now in an order I had never considered prior to my interviews. Of the remaining 10 (I ranked 13 programs total, you know, for luck), there are also some surprises, including a program I almost didn't apply to at all sitting fairly close to the top of my ROL. Some that I thought would be higher fell down pretty low.

Interviews are as much tryouts for programs as they are for students. Some programs definitely impressive, proving more attractive than they looked at first glance. Others were quite underwhelming. I changed my rankings accordingly.

In any case, now I get to play the waiting game. I have exactly 1 month before I find out my match results. There's nothing more I can do to improve my chances, nor any new information I could find to change my preferences. Time for some Netflix binging, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment