Tuesday 28 February 2017

Match Day - Tomorrow

Ugh...

Argh...

Ahhh...

So, tomorrow's match day. I've been trying to distract myself from that fact for well over a week now and my level success is pretty low at this stage. At noon, I find out my fate moving forward. So does the rest of my class. For the record, communal anxiety is not helpful for personal anxiety!

My school has done the only thing that makes sense to me and gives us the whole day off. I think I could have tolerated morning classes, but having the afternoon off is a huge relief. Whether I'm happy, sad, or just confused, I'll have the time to handle it on my own terms, rather than have to deal with a bunch of lectures, tasks, or people I'd rather just avoid. Apparently years ago they used to hand out sealed envelopes to everyone in the same room and you were supposed to open them together. That sounds mortifying.

In any case, thumbs up to the home school for doing the right thing. Here's hoping I get to use that time to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment