Tuesday 24 March 2015

Stress Management

So, this blog in many ways is a form of stress-relief for me. That's why the posts range from somewhat meaningless reflections on life to what I hope are some fairly serious discussions of topics in medicine, health policy, or medical education.

I tried doing a serious-only blog a while back. It died pretty quickly. The motivation to keep producing content slowly withered and it became a source of stress in its own right.

This blog has managed to survive with me still enjoying doing it for about two months now, in part because I've stopped caring about what I post and whether it's exceptionally high quality. I mention this because early today, I felt comfortable enough with this blog to make it a bit more public, to actually direct people to it. I have no idea if what I'm doing is valuable to anyone else. I hope it is. But if it's not, I'll probably keep doing this anyway.

Writing is a great outlet for worries, frustrations, annoyances, or just random thoughts that need an outlet. At this point, any benefits beyond that are just a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment