Wednesday 28 October 2015

On-Call Thoughts

Random thoughts from the middle of the night on-call:

1) Call rooms are like mini-hotel rooms and I love them. They're not much (pretty small, not overly fancy), but just the fact that they have a bed, a bathroom, a place to plug the phone in, and some privacy is awesome.

2) Call in Peds is completely different than call was in OB. OB call was basically just working at night - sleep was an unexpected luxury. Peds call still involves a fair bit of work, but sleep is more plentiful and much easier to predict.

3) The city looks oddly serene at nearly 3 am. My call room has a window and it truly looks like the whole place is asleep.

4) While maybe not the best idea, taking advantage of a middle-of-the-night wake up to do some homework feels oddly productive, though I'm not sure I got as much learning out of my efforts as I should have!

No comments:

Post a Comment