Saturday 17 October 2015

(Fake) War is H-E-L-L

So, just finished up a game of Laser Quest where I was the only person old enough to get a driver's licence (full disclosure, I was supervising one of the children there, wasn't just a weird old guy hanging out with a bunch of pre-teens). I destroyed those small children, beating the second place finisher by around 300 points and nearly doubling the score of the third place finisher.

Am I making a post just to brag about my superiority over children who can barely hold up their lasers? Well, mostly yes. I take an odd pride in my Laser Quest ability, and I don't care if they were 2 feet shorter than me, I crushed them!

But, the other point is that we all grow up too fast and doing kid stuff every once in a while is a whole lot of fun.

(Side point - the kids all had a good time, even the ones I wouldn't stop shooting. And the parents of the kids all had a good laugh when I somewhat sheepishly accepted my first-place scorecard while towering over all the other competitors.)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you just have an exceptional visual spatial acuity and hand eye coordination suitable for surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, I won low-accuracy volume shooting =P

      Delete