Friday 9 October 2015

My Amazing Residents

I'm getting towards the end of my first rotation. Something that deserves says - residents are awesome.

I've been hating the long hours - they work longer hours.

There's been a ton for me to learn in a short period of time - they have more to learn.

It's challenging to work and learn under others' directions, subject to their somewhat inconsistent whims - residents not only experience the same, but they teach us, having to adapt to our personalities and learning needs, all at the same time.

And they've been nothing but pleasant to me the whole time. They've often gone out of their way to teach me new things, or to get me in on useful clinical opportunities, or to let me practice a skill. So I wanted to take a quick second to send out a big "thank you" to all the residents who have helped me and tolerated my ignorance thus far. It really does make a difference.

2 comments:

  1. Do residents get evaluated on their ability to teach? Hopefully that encourages them to put in the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, and their efforts were certainly noted!

      Delete