Wednesday 25 February 2015

Conference Time

I'm at a conference, getting ready to present some of the research I've done over the last year or so. I love presenting my work and hearing the work others have done. I've already had a chance to hear about some fairly interesting research being done across Canada - and I really hope people find my research worthwhile.

That said, I hate conferences. This one is held at a very nice village out in the middle of nowhere. I drove for 7+ hours to get here, not including breaks for food and sanity. The plumbing has been problematic and so we've lost water several times so far. And everything is crazy expensive.
It'd be a nice place to go for a vacation, not all that ideal for doing work which, of course, I still have plenty of.

Is there any way to do the exchange of ideas in a conference without conference-level expense or hassle?

No comments:

Post a Comment