Saturday 19 November 2016

CaRMS - Deadlines Approach

Ok, so I have to finish my CaRMS applications by this Tuesday. I've picked my programs, my letters of reference are all arranged, and most of my documents are uploaded. I've still got quite a bit to do this weekend, however. I have one personal letter that still needs some final edits and another three that need to be written.

I'm starting to over-analyze those personal letters a bit, and it's getting to the point where I really wish my brain would shut up. I'd like to think my application is fairly strong, but this is when the uncertainty creeps in. So, I'm going over trivial differences in wording and obsessing over what content to emphasize. It's going to be an exciting weekend...

Nevertheless, it feels good to be at this stage and to have everything put in. I'm confident in my interviewing skills, and while I won't be leaving anything to chance their either, once my written applications are in, I'm over what I consider to be my last major hurdle in my residency applications. Well, assuming those go well and I get the interviews I'm hoping for - we'll find out in a month or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment