Sunday 31 January 2016

CaRMS Tour 2016

It's CaRMS tour time! There were tons of very well-dressed graduating medical students running around the hospital last week, getting tours, doing interviews, and meeting their potential future co-residents. A lot of them also looked terrified. Really terrified.

It was kind of interesting being a clerk on rotation during this time. I'm old enough (and look old enough) that many people don't immediately assume I'm a student. So when I've been running around this week, a few CaRMS interviewees have been extremely quick to jump out of my way. Not just polite-quick, but "I'm sorry if my presence offends you"-quick. I think some of them think I'm a resident and that they therefore need to be exceptionally nice to me during this time. It's a weird situation, since these people are all ahead of me in training and where I hope to be in a year.

I hope my CaRMS tour next year isn't as stressful at it seems from the outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment