Thursday 30 July 2015

Clerkship - It's Coming...

Just got my first official clerkship schedule. I start with my OBGYN rotation, which I'm told is a good place to begin. Apparently it's just hard enough to get clerks used to the challenges of clinical medicine, but just short enough not to burn you out, especially at the beginning when we're all still eager and energetic.

Anyway, I'm excited and nervous. For the first time, Clerkship isn't just an abstraction - I have a real schedule, with my name on it and everything. Heck, I have a pager schedule! I still barely understand how a pager works!

I've done more than my share of clinical training in my previous career, so I know I shouldn't make such a big deal about this. Still, it feels different than my earlier training in many ways. I just hope I'm up to the challenge.

2 comments: