Sunday 12 April 2015

Talent

Every year, our school puts on a bit of a variety show, with each class contributing a decent-length skit to the show. I've not have had the pleasure of being involved due to lack of time and more importantly, complete lack of talent.

However, I got to see the finished product this year and it was nothing short of incredible. I don't have much talent for singing, dancing, acting, or theatrical production, but wow, my classmates certainly do. I get impressed on a reasonably regular basis at the medicine-related strengths of my fellow medical students - it's great to be reminded not only that they're capable future physicians, but capable people in general.

They put on a highly entertaining show with fairly strong production values, all the proceeds went to a deserving charity, and all those involved are going to be showing up for class on Monday to get back at it with the rest of us. Seeing their talent on display was both humbling and motivating - I like to think I work hard and do what I do well (I believe that's mostly true), but it's too easy to neglect the hard work and competence of others. It was on full display at last night's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment